Here’s a quick recap of how my year went. The songs, persons/personalities, events, books, series, and personal stuff that shaped my 2009. And with the looks of it, it’s pretty much ok, I must say. I am hoping for an even bigger and greater year ahead.
- Started the year right with American Idol Season 8, introducing us with a new judge Kara Dioguardi (who I seriously don’t like. Bring Paula back, please!).
- And since The Academy Awards is just around the corner, I did an Oscar movie marathon: Benjamin Button, Revolutionary Road, and Ploning.
- Major LSS’s are You Found Me by The Fray and Northern Downpour by Panic At The Disco.
- Was able to read Mitch Albom’s The Five People You Meet In Heaven.
- Continued the Oscar movie marathon: Slumdog Millionaire, The Reader, Milk, and Little Children.
- American Idol fix each week!
- I officially joined Twitter! And happy that I did. I am so hooked, and so are millions of people.
- Finally had my MV Doulos experience!
- Discovered an amazing band called Augustana, through One Tree Hill.
- Joined the whole country mourn for the death of Master Rapper Francis M.
- Bought a set of Harry Potter books! Yay!
- Enjoyed summer in Laiya, Batangas and went swimming with some other friends.
- Rejoiced as Kris Allen emerged as the American Idol grand winnner!
- Said “Hoorah!” for Pacquiao as he beat Ricky Hatton.
- Raved for Transformers 2 Revenge Of The Fallen.
- Mourned yet again, this time for the death of The King Of Pop Michael Jackson.
- Bought an iPod Nano! And created a love affair with it haha.
- Was able to read Bob Ong’s Kapitan Sino.
- Disappointed with HP6 movie.
- Got hooked into watching CHUCK and PUSHING DAISIES! Which reminds me, I need to catch up!
- Turned 27!
- Celebrated my birthday with family and friends.
- Saddened by the demise of former President Corazon Cojuangco Aquino.
- Celebrated 10 years of friendship with RX friends Arden, Mei, LT, and Nhinz.
- Transferred to another account at work. Became a Technical Support Agent for MSN. Finally bid farewell to my DA family after 4 years and 10 months! This has got to be one of the major highlights of my year.
- Experienced Ondoy’s wrath. Not that much, though. Thankfully. But probably this will mark to most of us as one the memorable experience in 2009.
- Got hooked into watching several foreign film festivals. Was able to watch at Cine Europa in Shangri La, Pelicula in Greenbelt Theater, and Cinemalaya in Market! Market! I sooo love foreign language films! My goal this year is to watch more, and include Indie films as well, which I equally love.
- Started an AI poll post called “Who Did It Best?” where I feature two/three Idols who all sang a certain song in the competition, and ask my readers to vote who they think did a better rendition.
- Enjoyed New Moon movie, as well as Julie & Julia, (500) Days Of Summer, and Ded Na Si Lolo.
- Bowed down to Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao as he became the only boxer to hold seven (7) world titles on different divisions after beating Cotto. Because of that, he was dubbed as “Fighter of the Decade” by Time Magazine (I think, sorry I didn’t do much research on this).
- Became a GLEEk! Checked out True Blood too, and I’m currently on its second season.
- And also became hypertensive. Stress much! At work.
- Was able to read Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, then watched the movie on 3D after. Also raved upon watching James Cameron’s Avatar. Again, on 3D. It’s a 3D year for me!
- Decided to resign from work because of health problems, but our Operations Manager didn’t approve of it. He told me that they need me and they value my 5 year tenure in the company.
- And as what I discussed two posts ago, the rest of my December was packed with parties, get togethers, reunion, what have you’s. The best part, I have to say, was being part of The Morning Rush Christmas EB!
Not bad, eh? Well, as of the moment, my career at work is still hanging. My doctor advised me to rest for 3weeks, and I’ll be back tomorrow! But if my condition would still be the same, she’d advise for me to be transferred to another department with less workload and less stressful environment. I am actually hoping for that to happen. If not, and if my health problem persists, then that’s the time my doctor would advise for me to resign. Oh well, let’s just hope for the best. Anyway, I would like to end this post with Paulignatius.wordpress.com Awards haha!
Song Of The Year & Movie Of The Year
TV Show Of The Year & Book Of The Year
People Of The Year
Addiction Of The Year & Blog Of the Year
Let’s all rawr for 2010!!!🙂