Seven days past the month of June, and I haven’t posted anything new here. Guess I am so not in the blogging mode again. Anyway, this entry has been a lingering idea since last week. I just needed to research some stuff in making a list. It’s my (meaning my personal picks) Top 10 Favorite AI Season 8 live performances. I would love to include videos of actual live performance for each, but it’s darn hard to find HQ ones. Most were just audio versions, and some would make your eyes squint. So without any further ado, here’s the list from 10 to 1:
10. Be Without You – Lil Rounds
– This is where you can actually see and hear an authentic Lil Rounds. I think she did this during Top 36 performance night. Watching her back then, at that point of the competition, I really thought she’d make it all the way thru the top 4 or something. Unfortunately her power seemed to have wavered early on. But yeah, I love her take on this song.
9. You’re All I Need To Get By – Von Smith
– I don’t know but I like Von’s performance of this one. Felt like a really true and honest take on a great song. He did this on Top 36 performance as well, or is it on the Wildcard Round? Can’t remember. I don’t think it’s worthy of the Top 13 spot, but nevertheless, I liked it.
8. Angel Of Mine – Anoop Desai
– This one I so remember. Anoop did this on the semi finals, but failed to make it on the top 12. I was a bit disappointed with the results then. How come he didn’t made it? After his performance, I right away downloaded the original version of the song and thought that Anoop did a great job in rendering his own take of this lovely song.
7. Saving All My Love For You – Tatiana Del Toro
– Ok, I have to admit I liked Tatiana’s version of this Whitney Houston classic. And I really thought she’d make it. In all honesty and fairness, the song suits her. The way she sang it was just right, and it was like seeing a different side of Tatiana, which I like. And she’s really pretty! Too bad she sang it again on the Wildcard Round. An obvious downfall, I think.
6. Tracks Of My Tears – Adam Lambert
– I believe this is where he started to mark his presence in the competition, like in the sense of total artistry. I mean, I liked Adam since Holywood Week, and even that early I seriously think that this guy could offer a lot to the show. He never fails to amaze the viewers and even the judges. And this rendition of Track Of My Tears is an evident proof.
5. You Are So Beautiful – Danny Gokey
– As what Simon Cowell quoted after Danny sang this at the Top 3 performance, it is indeed a “vocal masterpiece”. I honestly believe that. This has got to be my ultimate favorite Gokey performance. I was like, Wow! after watching it. Really great!
4. I Can’t Make You Love Me – Allison Iraheta
– I love Allison’s rough style, and her singing this ballad was a bit surprising for me. But she gave it her own take, and nailed it big time! I so love this performance of hers. It was like hearing an entirely different song, and stamping Allison’s mark made it effortless.
3. Man In The Mirror – Kris Allen
– It was the first week of the semi finals and there’s this guy singing a Michael Jackson song. I was unaware of his name coz he didn’t had much exposure at the start of the season. But he was good, not bad at all, specially after a Jacko song. And who would’ve thought, that this simple guy who gave a heart warming take on Man In The Mirror would eventually emerge as the grand winner?
2. To Make You Feel My Love – Kris Allen
– One of the many genuine and pure performance from Kris. I believe this is where he started to keep the ball rolling for him, and just kept on Allenizing songs and performances. This made me love the song much much more. And that, I believe, is a mark of a true artist.
1. Mad World – Adam Lambert
– Ok, ok. I know I shouldn’t have included this on the list (for some obvious reasons, it should be exempted haha!), but I sincerely and personally believe that Adam’s Mad World should top anyone else’s Idol list. Never have I raved so much about an Idol performance since David Cook’s Always Be My Baby. Both songs gives me goosebumps watching and even hearing it anywhere. I know I rooted for Kris Allen, but yeah, I’ll give this top spot to Adam. He likes being on top, anyway.
And with that note, I will end this entry. It was an amazing season and I can’t wait for the next one! I miss the show na! 😀